Data privacy has always been of the highest importance for Boden Resource and we will always remain open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Boden Resource Limited, of The Chapel, Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Marston Green, Birmingham, B37 7HG We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. Currently, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). All the personal data we have is stored on our CRM database in the EU.
(A) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email addresses
- Your telephone numbers
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training
(B) Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- Passport/Proof of ID
- Permits and visas if applicable
- Date of Birth
- National insurance number
- UTR Number if applicable
- Full details of job offer and placement
- DBS Checks if applicable
- Medical information if applicable
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data,
- pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
- How we use the information
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health upon request. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as an employment business / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under A above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you positions that are of interest and suitability
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us
The information under B above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if placed
- How we hold the information
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for undertaking pre-engagement checks for the role or for paying you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
- We will rely on your verbal consent to process the information which is collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
- Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
- In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
- Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required.
- Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
- For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
- Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data based on our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. Under GDPR, we will not charge a fee for this. If you would like to make a request for information, please email email@example.com In addition to this right of access, you will also have the following rights: erasure and restriction of processing.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your verbal consent to process your data, for using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. To do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns.