Technical Services Director
Competitive salary, company car, bonus and benefits
We are looking for a Technical Services Director to join a global leading Facilities Management services provider to oversee all technical aspects of their Irish business. As part of the senior management team, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of technical managers and global technicians to deliver maintenance and technical services to a portfolio of blue-chip clients. You will be acting at subject matter expert and the point of escalation for any technical matters, so will need a background in managing technical services within FM and delivering operational improvement.
- Managing a team of operations managers, technical managers and mobile service technicians, ensuring the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance across the client portfolio in Ireland. Looking after the delivery of any technical projects.
- Restructuring and organising the helpdesk function to ensure it is run effectively.
- Building strong working relationships with Heads of FM and Operations Directors to achieve management excellence, ensuring the business achieves its goals and standards are maintained.
- Full responsibility for the technical team, including recruitment and selection, ensuring the team meet performance and productivity targets, and motivating the team to achieve their goals.
- Planning, scheduling and managing the defined business objectives, delivering against the agreed KPI's, SLA's, budget, productivity and contractual agreements.
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert for the wider business, taking ownership for any service-related complaints and ensuring they are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Keeping the wider business informed on any changes and updates to technical compliance legislation.
- Ensuring full compliance with all legislative and H&S requirements, including risk assessments and method statements, permits to work, quality control and operational processes. Making sure all maintenance schedules are fully documented and followed to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promoting an excellent standard and quality of service including time attendance & completion, right first time and zero defects/return visits.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Previous senior management experience in a technical role within Facilities Management.
- High Level of Technical Competence and formal Building Services Qualifications.
- Experience managing a team of mobile technicians to provide planned and reactive maintenance to clients.
- Highly client driven and able to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Experience overseeing Energy management projects and consumption reduction.
- Understanding and experience of Operating SFG20 standards.
- Demonstrable track record in driving Operational Improvement.
- Commercially aware with previous P&L Ownership and Management.
- Hands on approach and experience in managing change.
- Experience in dealing with multiple teams/sites.
- Familiar with using CMMS, Services Desk Software and associated technology.
- Full UK or Ireland driving licence.
If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.