Reporting to the National Technical Services manager and as part of the operational management team on a large corporate contract. Responsible to manage systems and resources as necessary to achieve the safe, efficient, operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within the Contracts UK Portfolio (Corporate & Technical Sites), with specific responsibilities as Authorising Engineer (AE) for associated Region.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are adhered to in accordance with company policy and procedure and agreed PPM & Reactive responsibilities in line with current KPIs.
- Ensure statutory requirements are met within the framework of the contract and any delegated responsibilities are met on behalf of the client, keeping up to date with any new legislation and amendments ensuring compliance is met to current market place requirements (SFG 20)
- To provide technical advice, assistance and support to both Engineers, supervisors and FM support Teams, across the selected region within the UK portfolio.
- Support out-of-hours response in emergency situations and engineering call out rota as and when necessary as part of role, and to implement any necessary escalation procedures to National Manager as and when required.
- To participate in “On call” rota for Regional Technical Operations Managers
- Ensuring that the plant and equipment is maintained economically, efficiently and safely according to best engineering practice.
- Provide strategic advice to immediate team exploring all operational continual improvements whilst maintaining and managing regional teams via performance reviews, personal site audits and contractual audits.
- Manage the effective use and upkeep of designated site documentation working in conjunction with nominated H&S representative ensuring all legal and statutory obligations are met.
- Identify, assess and address any technical training needs of regional team and identify training opportunities to improve regional skill sets.
- Ensure regional teams deliver full self-delivery of all possible tasks within region.
- Support the development of future risk management strategies.
- Identify any changes in current legislation that will affect site operations and where necessary implement any resultant change.
- The ideal candidate will be HV/LV AP