Technical Design Coordinator
West Puney, Greater London
£45,000 - £55,000/annum, excellent training and benefits
A central London multidisciplinary consultancy are seeking a Technical Design Coordinator to join their Project Management team and help to deliver large, residential led public sector developments across the UK. With an excellent mix of place making, regeneration and new build schemes they have become the go to consultancy providing Project Management, Design Management and Quantity Surveying services to their clients.
The Technical Design Co-ordinator shall be responsible for pre construction and taking projects from inception to project start on-site, including Client and design team liaison. This role shall enable you to spend time leading client meetings and give you the opportunity to travel to sites, clients offices and developments across the country.
The majority of clients that you will be providing your expertise to are Housing Associations, Principally Registered Providers / Local Authorities and other smaller Clients based in the Midlands, down to the South Coast South East and Home Counties.
The Technical Design Co-ordinator needs 3 + years of experience in a similar role, either working for a main contractor, public company or professional consultancy working on:
• Residential; Public Sector
• Mixed use developments
• Land led
• Local Authority
The ideal candidate will have experience of technical design audits requiring a good understanding of building regulations and GLA/Homes England standards.
• IT and BIM literate including use of Viewpoint for Projects and other CDE’s
• Understanding of planning process and submissions
• Commercial / value engineering experience
• Understanding and knowledge of the CDM Regulations
• Liaise closely with Clients, design team, Contractors, Developers.
• Comply with, or improve upon, AMPs Key Performance Indicators.
• Report on a regular basis on status of projects.
• Undertake reviews of changes in legislation / regulations.
Pre-Contract Procedures and Administration
• Deal with / organise all pre-contract investigations, surveys and other due diligence issues required by Clients, including sustainability issues.
• Chair and minute design team meetings; immediate issue of minutes to all relevant parties.
• Manage where applicable other consultants on behalf of client.
• Undertake all client funding and development control requirements and audits.
• Prepare with the EA / PM Employer’s Requirements, Performance Specs, RDS etc.
• Manage, maintain and review information submissions.
• Production of pre-contract programmes.
Post Contract Procedures and Administration
• Attend design team meetings and ensure contractor compliance with Employer’s requirements.
• Site inspections where required
• Co-ordinate design management and audit projects as a whole,
ensuring timely and satisfactory delivery to Clients.
The company have an excellent reputation for promoting from within and offer great perks, on the job training and qualifications. They have a very low turn over, due to the exciting and varied work, within a fun, modern office.