Technical Assistant Birmingham
£20,000 - £30,000/annum
We have an amazing opportunity to join one of the UK's leading large scale, mixed use residential developers. We are searching for a motivated, hardworking Technical Assistant to join their Technical team and help to build over 500 luxury apartments and homes in affluent areas of the West Midlands. The Technical Assistant must have 2 years’ experience working within the residential market and have exposure to working with private residential properties.
• Deliver design packages on time and accurately. Report current position against agreed design programme.
• Review and comment on the design and deal with all obstacles efficiently and appropriately.
• Organise and control the design development of the project in accordance with the company requirements, specification and the construction programme.
• Ensure statutory undertaker quotations are paid to enable timely site delivery.
• Actively progress the discharge of all planning conditions in a timely manner, in accordance with the build programme.
• Actively take part in regular site meetings to progress site delivery.
• Control the design development and implement policies and objectives effectively as advised by the Technical Manager
• Ensure that the design complies with the relevant NHBC, Zurich or other warranty organisations and statutory authorities.
• Adhere to quality management procedures using correct forms and processes
• Ensure that the design team are working in accordance with the Design management plan
• Ensure that all records and registers, as required for internal and external use, are maintained.
• Produce design reports to help monitor progress
• Produce design programmes to control the design development process
• Ensure all consultant appointments (including scope of works, payment schedules and collateral warranties) are signed prior to a payment being made
• Exploring value engineering options; rigorously critiquing quotations, designs and material
• Ensure full commitment to company policies and procedures
• Actively review and critique drawing information during the design develop
Maintain and enhance the company's reputation as a developer at all times, be professional and consistent so that we are seen as ‘best in class' in everything they do, to help raise their profile and secure future business
This is a great opportunity to make a mark on the Midlands property market and join a company who set the bar in standards and quality. The first site shall see you build a large basement, with 100's of luxury apartments, overlooking a beautiful scenery.
They offer excellent packages and unrivalled bonus and incentives.