One of the UK's leading large scale residential developers are seeking a Quantity surveyor to join their Birmingham office. They have decades of proven new build and regeneration development experience and set the standard for other Residential Developers in the Midlands. They have a number of high rise and low rise developments on site with a number of other schemes at planning stage.
The developer are famous for their bespoke design and their continued effort to build property ranging from studios, 1,2,3,4 bed apartments and one of town houses. Due to their continued development, they have ensured that they have not been affected by market uncertainty and have not had to make redundancies during recessions, which makes them the perfect employer in the current climate. They are not a boom or bust company and the group have continually performed better than the market and their competitors.
The Quantity Surveyor will report into the Commercial Manager and will be responsible for various schemes at different stages of construction, both pre and post contract. With a strong internal team and the assistance of external professionals you will join a team who are responsible for the delivery of projects on time and on budget. The preferred candidate would have experience working for a residential, mixed use, new build and regeneration developer. Have experience of taking responsibility within a client side organisation and overseeing multi million pound, phased schemes. The ideal candidate would like to take responsibility for their actions and look to put the team and company first with all their decisions.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
If you would like to join a market leading company who put huge emphasis on employee satisfaction and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, want to change the skyline of Birmingham for the better and make homes that people will live in for ever then please get in touch for more details.
Very competitive salary plus bonus