Senior Quantity Surveyor - £60 - £70k - Wallingford - Permanent
One of the UK's leading residential developers are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to help deliver a large residential, new build scheme in Oxford. With the site due to go live in the next few months they are putting together the commercial team who will help to deliver this state of the art scheme and want an experienced, hard working Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will report directly into the Commercial Director and have responsibility for individual packages which shall ensure the project is delivered on time and budget. This company have a long line of proven developments and have continued to grow during recessions and uncertain markets due to their strong reputation and expertise within the residential sector. They continually push the envelope on what is possible with schemes and ensure that they are at the forefront of technology.
Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Liaison with the technical team and design consultants so as to ensure design concepts and proposals are developed in line with the approved budgets and procurement tracker.
- Determination of budget for approval in cooperation with his peers.
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering and alternative solutions.
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Preparing scope and works and trade packages
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives.
- To directly manage the surveying function on a number of developments.
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Recommendation of subcontractors, ensuring complete scope of works is covered and all qualifications addressed
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings..
- Raising subcontractor payments
- Sending agreed number of copies of all Contract Drawings and any revised drawings as issued to subcontractors
- Forecasting value of design variations
- Agreeing variations with subcontractor
- Countersigning site instructions
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Agreeing final account with subcontractors, no later than one month after practical completion of their works
- Fully completing monthly cost reports for approval
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Attending miscellaneous meetings at various locations as required to assist with the continual progress of the contract
- Writing contractual letters when / if required to subcontractors in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Assisting Project Manager with financial implications of site progress decisions
- Monitor with Project Manager preliminary expenditure / forecasts on a weekly / monthly basis for the purpose of preparing cost reports
- Monitor with Technical Manager Fee expenditure / forecasts on a weekly / monthly basis for the purpose of preparing cost reports
- Monitor with the Buying Department material / Purchase Ledger expenditure / forecasts on a weekly / monthly basis for the purpose of preparing cost reports
- Preparing and maintaining sub contract monitoring spreadsheets such as procurement programmes and appointment records
- Provide cost data as required to estimating department to assist in the pricing of future contracts / phases
If you are looking for the next step in your career, have experience working as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor for a developer or main contractor then please contact us for more details.