A National, multi award winning house builder are seeking a confident Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their large development in the West Country. With a variety of different,3, 4 and 5 bed homes, there is great variety in the properties that they are building and the Senior Quantity Surveyor must be comfortable to carry out all commercial aspects and work with the project and design teams to ensure the projects are delivered successfully.
Senior Quantity Surveyor:
Manages Commercial performance to achieve objectives across projects (up to two)
•Demonstrate that Risk and Opportunity / Profit Improvement Plans are being accurately reported and that mitigation / optimisation plans are being achieved across their projects
• Deliver procurement within budget and on time across projects
• Manage all commercial, legal, financial and administrative responsibilities with suppliers and contractors across projects effectively
• Manage the supply chain to ensure and demonstrate fair payments are processed on or before cut off dates for all projects
• Work with the Site Manager /Project Manager
• Fully understand and manage cost allowances across all Projects, and ensure cost management against the same
• Works collaboratively with Project / Site Managers, Technical Managers and Sales Consultants
• Monitor, control and implement sales additions across projects
• Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for review with Managing QS
• Contributes with the Project teams to the fair scoring of the supply chain every month
• Manages recoverable and non-recoverable variations, formally instructing the supply chain at fair rates and prices.
Develop and ensure safe working practices
The suitable Senior Quantity Surveyor must have a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in the relevant Commercial area, preferably with a contractor or housebuilder
• A track record in delivering excellent Commercial results over a number of Projects • Strong commercial and technical skills
• Professional network
• Excellent communication skills
The salary is based upon experience and is between £50,000 - £60,000 plus an exceptional package and bonus.