A unique opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a large new build residential development site in Oxford. With planning approved on a site with over 500 new build units, consisting of 1, 2, 3 bed houses and 3 story apartments they need a confident, hard working Senior Quantity Surveyor who has experience working for a medium to large house builder.
Senior Quantity Surveyor duties:
- Determination of budget for approval in cooperation with his peers.
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- Liaison with the technical team and design consultants so as to ensure design concepts and proposals are developed in line with the approved budgets and procurement tracker.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering and alternative solutions.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives.
- To directly manage the surveying function on a number of developments.
- Preparing scope and works and trade packages
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Raising subcontractor payments
- Sending agreed number of copies of all Contract Drawings and any revised drawings as issued to subcontractors
- Forecasting value of design variations
- Agreeing variations with subcontractor
- Countersigning site instructions
- Attending miscellaneous meetings at various locations as required to assist with the continual progress of the contract
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Fully completing monthly cost reports for approval
- Attending Design Team Meetings as required
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings as required
- Writing contractual letters when / if required to subcontractors in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Assisting Project Manager with financial implications of site progress decisions
- Monitor with Project Manager preliminary expenditure / forecasts on a weekly / monthly basis for the purpose of preparing cost reports
Senior Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
This company has over 40 years of proven residential development and regeneration experience and are going from strength to strength. Now is the perfect time to join them in their next phase of growth.