A Birmingham based construction consultancy with offices in Manchester, Bristol, Dublin and London are seeking a chartered Project Manager to join their Head Office in the heart of Birmingham city centre. The company are moving into the next phase of growth and with a strong 20 years behind them are a trusted name in the industry. They provide a tailored solution for all of their clients across various asset classes, including commercial, retail and residential property.
They are now seeking a MRICS Project Manager who has indepth residential development experience and wants to join an innovative, flexible work environment.
Chartered Project Manager:
- Display sound independent judgement, diverse and adaptable in approach.
- Developing, mentoring and supervision of less experienced and junior staff.
- To be able to work with or advise key clients on issues in the residential sector at a senior level.
- Good communication and report writing skills to meet with key client expectations.
- Strong IT skills, able to work with common Microsoft and bespoke packages.
- Good working knowledge of H&S procedures current CDM Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills with all key teams within the organisation to support the end to end delivery of projects from feasibility to construction.
- Strong commercial and programme risk management skills.
- Take ownership and maintain relevant databases required for updates into reporting lines. Developing a robust interface between teams to enable a smooth and accurate flow of information for reporting. Prepare on specific requirements, timely and accurate reports or input to reports on the progress and cost against schedule, with explanations of any variance.
- Collate and analyse information from a variety of sources, understanding, interpreting and summarising key points utilising both known techniques and exploring new data management techniques. Influence development and design progress using programme and budget.
- Attend various stakeholder meetings and provide, obtain detailed progress updates e.g. Client Portfolio Meeting
- Take and encourage a positive approach in relation to partnering with the Client, the supply chain and all other internal and external teams.
- Encouraging innovation and continuous improvement within the team and displaying sound independent judgement.
- Complying with relevant Health & Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations and adopting a pro-active risk management/mitigation approach.
- Performing other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
If you have experience working on £10m+ D&B contracts and want a change from a corporate, boring environment then please get in contact. The company offer a great package, flexible working and all the tools and support you need to deliver for their clients.