We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join one of the UK's leading Main Contractors, who are consistently in the top 10 performers, which has led them to become a FTSE 250 organisation who turn over close to £3bn.
This gives you the opportunity to work on some outstanding projects and gives stability to help grow your career. The current requirement is for a Senior Project Manager with experience of new build education projects such as schools, academies and universities, plus Residential or PRS projects. You will be joining a diverse group of professionals who all share the same drive and appetite to be the best in industry, to drive standards and deliver exceptional standards on every project. Their extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables them to understand their clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
With two large education projects, in excess of £20m they need a skilled Project Manager to be based in Central Birmingham and deliver the school on time and budget, to coincide with the Commonwealth Games in 2022. They are also building a large residential scheme with over 350 units in Birmingham city centre.
As Project Manager, you will play an integral role in directing a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that each stage of the project is safe, progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards.
Senior Project Manager responsibilities:
- Ensure the company’s health, safety & sustainability standards are applied on the project.
- Degree or HNC in Construction
- SMSTS, CSCS and relevant site qualifications.
- Plan and co-ordinate project prior to commencement.
- Co-ordinate and control initial set up including initiating Company systems and procedures.
- Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the Client, Client’s Representatives, Supply Chain and internal teams.
- Control and monitor efficient progress of the works
- Ensure that the principles of CDM are applied on the project
- Liaise with the design team to ensure the design deliverables are received in time for efficient delivery of the site works
- Maintain the culture whereby everyone is continually seeking to satisfy customer requirements.
- Ensure systems are in place in order that quality of work is to the prescribed standards.
- Administer the valuation system, maximise cash flow and profitability.
- Plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff and operative levels to undertake current and prospective workloads.
- Monitor and record individual performances encouraging and disciplinary as and when necessary.
If you have experience working for Main Contractors and have delivered large scale education or PRS projects then please contact me to learn more. The company offer a very competitive salary and package.