We are working with an international property company to find a Senior Development Manager who has expertise in Build to Rent / PRS to help deliver over 3,000 units across the South East. They have in-depth experience of raising Capital, Acquisition, Development, Sales and Letting property across the globe and the UK.
The Senior Development Manager / Director must be capable of demonstrating that they can deliver large scale, high rise schemes and have built PRS properties in the UK.
They have a number of well known schemes that are at various stages of completion, from planning, on site and other large scale sites in the pipeline, therefore this Senior Development Manager must understand the full life cycle of a project from RIBA stage 1. The developments are a mixture of high rise and medium rise, town houses and Large Scale Regeneration.
Senior Development Manager requirements and expectations:
- Direct the project team on the production of all relevant documentation to secure all necessary approvals/authorities to proceed with the development.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of planning applications. Secure planning consents within budget and programme.
- Overseeing the production of project development brief with well defined objectives, cost target, programme and deliverables, making sure the development fits the brief.
- Work with an appoint external professional teams, including main and sub contractors when required and the oversee the on-site construction.
- Delivery of projects to the agreed budget, standard and programme.
- Lead value management and value engineering exercise to maximise project returns.
- Managing project finance to ensure project spending is within budget.
- Deliver monthly financial reports to board.
- Work with the sales and aftercare team to ensure a smooth handover.
- Proven track record of delivering complex large scale residential led mixed use schemes.
- Good understanding of the property development process, in particular planning and construction.
- Relevant degree and qualifications.
- Strong Leadership skills, able to lead a strong in-house development team and motivate team members.
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills. Able to form good relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
- Critical thinking, able to analyse complex issues and make timely and accurate decisions.
- Commercially aware.
- Driven individual. Able to work under pressure and in fast pace.
If you are self motivated and want to work for a well respected development company who are not hindered by the current economical climate, who have great growth plans and are hungry in the pursuit of perfection then please apply for this position.