We are working with an International Real Estate consultancy who have over 70 years experience delivering a world class service for their clients around the globe. They are now seeking a chartered Senior Cost Manager to join their Birmingham office.
With a mix of public and private sector clients they have a very secure pipeline of work and with their strong reputation are capable of beating their competitors to win new work. Their Real Estate team is growing to keep up with their clients needs and has resulted in them needing another Senior Cost Manager, who has professional experience working with new build and refurbishment schemes across the second city.
Senior Cost Manager requirements:
- Strong real estate or construction degree, preferably a MRICS accredited Quantity Surveying degree.
- Have experience of working on large, multi million pound schemes.
- Capable of working with external teams of architects and engineers to ensure that the client and contractor deliver the best value for money.
- Strong personable skills to bring different teams together, to collaborate and deliver the best possible results.
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Take responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Inputting into value engineering.
- Lead a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
If you would like to join a team that is consistently delivering and helping to shape the property market in the Midlands, have exceptional employee benefits and training, the opportunity to move up to Associate and Director with a structured personal development plan then please get in touch.
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000