Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Specialist - Poole - £35000 + £40000 + car allowance + package
We are currently looking for a Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Specialist for a global FM provider that is looking for an exciting new challenge.
- Owning, maintaining and communicating any changes to the client’s CDM 2015 and other procedures.
- Delivering general, none accredited health and safety training as required
- Assisting the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor in the delivery of their duties
- Facilitating CDM15 Design Workshops when required
- Carrying out scheduled and unscheduled inspections of work activities across a large geographical area
- Taking appropriate action where any H&S management is failing.
- Writing and/or contributing to the contract and Business monthly H&S report
- Assisting Operational Managers where necessary in facilitating liaison / coordination / cooperation meetings.
- Reporting directly to the contract operations director any concerns regarding the implementation of CDM 2015 and other health and safety legislation
- Supporting the health and safety audit regime ensuring that BS18001 accreditation is maintained
- Liaise effectively between all CDM 2015 duty holders
- Able to lead on Environmental issues when requested to do so
- Provide the interface and maintain successful relationships with DIO and End-user Representatives; in respect of Health & Safety in the Contract
- Collaborate with Core Delivery and Additional Works teams to give support on all Health & Safety issues
- Gain support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to the client and relevant Stakeholders
- Ensure that all issues are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Maintain commercial control to ensure department spend is achieved within targets
- Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for the client.
- Ability to travel extensively between sites Significant practical management in Health & Safety in a Construction environment including:
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Recent experience as a CDM Coordinator
- Maintaining strong relations with the Stakeholders and meeting expectations
- Report writing and presentation of data
- Operating to the OHSAS18001 standard
- Ability to influence Site Operations including: Planning, directing and controlling activities, Agreeing scope and priorities of work, Delivery of training and key initiatives, Chairing meetings
- NEBOSH in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent level qualification in a related field
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- CDM Coordinator Training
- Membership of Association for Project Safety (APS) or equivalent body
- Chartered Member of IOSH or equivalent body
- Continuing Professional Development
To apply for this position please do so via this advert or for a confidential discussion call Josh at Boden Resource on 0121 702 1464.