Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager
£60,000 - £65,000/annum annual bonus and benefits.
We are working with a bespoke consultancy to find a Chartered Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager to work from their West End office. They are a privately owned Development and Project Management company who offer a personalised service for their clients and property owners, investors and industry professionals.
The Quantity Surveyor will be joining a small team of professionals who work on behalf of their client to give them the greatest possible return on their investments within Retail. Office space, Hotels, Residential and Mixed-Use Asset Classes across London and the UK
Chartered Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager:
The role will assume day-to-day commercial responsibility for a range of high-profile development projects requiring cost and project management oversight with specific focus on:
- Procurement advice
- Risk and value management
- Feasibility studies
- Cost management services
- Employer’s Agent/Contract Administration duties
- Fund monitoring
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the above and across the development cycle from pre-construction, contract management through to occupation.
Experience in and knowledge of development and construction programmes, cost plans and design information are essential.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) background with minimum 2-3 years PQE experience.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar degree
- Strong client facing skills and report writing experience
- Excellent grasp of procurement and contract administration
- Ambitious and able to work under own autonomy
- Proficient in cost planning and pre-contract activities
- Proficient in contract preparation and administration
- Proven track record in post contract cost control
- Ability to work within a small consultancy environment and be flexible to changing workloads and demands
- Strong negotiation and commercial awareness
- Some management experience with the ability and desire to mentor and develop more junior members of staff
Typically, they act as Client Representative taking control from acquisition through planning, design, construction, fit-out and leasing to strategic exit
This is an amazing opportunity to join a Development Management Consultancy and develop your career with the opportunity to become a well-rounded Development Manager in the future.