One of the UK's leading large scale residential developers are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join their Birmingham office, in the heart of the city. With over 40 years of proven development experience they are setting the standard for other Residential Developers in the Midlands and have a number of high rise and low rise developments on site with a number of other schemes at planning stage.
The developer are building various luxury residential developments and include 1,2,3,4 bed apartments and one off town houses. Due to their continued development, they have ensured that they have not been affected by market uncertainty and have not had to make redundancies during recessions, which makes them the perfect employer in the current climate. This is the perfect opportunity to increase your salary and learn from the best in the industry and develop your personal career.
The Quantity Surveyor shall report into the Commercial Manager who is responsible for various schemes at different stages of construction, both pre and post contract. With a strong internal team and the assistance of external professionals you will be part of a senior team who are responsible for the delivery of projects on time and on budget. The preferred candidate would have experience working for a residential, mixed use, new build and regeneration developer. Have experience of working in a team who take responsibility and oversee multi million pound, phased schemes.
Quantity Surveyor responsibilities and expectations:
- Assist with conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project
- Assist with managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
If you would like to join a market leading company who put huge emphasis on employee satisfaction and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, want to change the skyline of Birmingham for the better and make homes that people will live in for ever then please get in touch for more details.
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience.
The company are growing and looking for more commercial staff, if this is not quite right for you then please contact Aaron Higgins at Boden Property.