Quantity Surveyor - £60000 - £65000 plus package - Oxford - Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join an award-winning construction business with many years’ experience of building houses and public buildings in Oxfordshire. The Quantity Surveyor will be working closely with the Commercial Director as part of their home’s division.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible to monitor, control and report on all contractual and commercial aspects of allocated contracts including procurement from inception to final account to maximize financial return and minimise financial and commercial risk including Two Stage Tenders.
- To oversee all Contract surveyors in the course of their duties.
- To ensure all tender enquiries are sent out with due consideration to contract clauses/specification/bills of quantities/programme/drawings and any other contract documentation to maximise profit and minimise risk.
- To ensure that the procurement of subcontractors/materials are acquired within budget and to specification in accordance with the programme to ensure that contracts are completed on time. Monitor for compliance and take corrective measures as required.
- Ensure payments are made and received in accordance with the requirements of the main contract and subcontract orders.
- Measuring and valuing variations as the contract proceeds including notifications to all relevant parties.
- Preparing monthly valuations incorporating any necessary re-measures and contract variations and agreement of same with client’s quantity surveyor to achieve an agreed final account.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts.
- Always maintain positive cash flow.
- Initiating and responding to contractual correspondence to/from any party including subcontractors in relation to costs/delays/disputes, etc.
- Carry out cost comparisons between revenue and cost on a monthly/quarterly time scale, or as required, to give accurate information as to the financial standing of the contract for a given point in time and also the predicted return at completion, making due allowance for all outstanding costs including subcontractors’ claims.
- Attending contract meetings to report on financial matters.
- Where required, undertake second stage negotiations in Two Stage Tender contracts.
- Must also be proficient in the following areas: IT skills in Word, Excel and Wessex.
This high-end developer has built thousands of homes over the years and take pride in ensuring they continue to provide beautiful high-quality homes that are built to last. This is a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking for that next step in their career.
The Salary is up to £65,000 plus generous package depending on experience.