We are working with a small family development company who have a number of live sites and more going through planning across London and the south east. They are now growing their in-house team to develop more of their own private and public residential developments and need a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their head office in North London. With the combination of a large land bank, private and public clients, plus a large amount of cash to buy more sites this is the perfect time to join them.
The Project Quantity Surveyor would split their time between their head office and site.
Whilst working for this company you will be responsible for all aspects of quantity surveying, cost consultancy and for coordinating designs and value engineering. There will be some need to project manage site and work with the site manager to drive program of works. Assist the buying manager in procuring materials for site , driving quality and value through every aspect of the builds.
Project Quantity Surveyor:
Consists of all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy including (but not limited to), preparation of tenders, cost planning and valuations
• Prepare full tender documentation in conjunction with advice on contractors and specialists, as well as advice on procurement routes
• Producing bills of quantities / estimating from drawings and specifications
• Value engineering
• Ensure projects achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice
• Full post-contract surveying duties, including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of account and disputes
• Attendance at project & client meetings
• Prepare financial reports and monitor the status of projects
• Accountability for delivering the projects on time and to budget
• Work with the site manager to administer a program of works and deliver the projects
• Assist the buying manager with purchasing all materials and plant required to complete the project
• Ensure sites are compliant and following company governance and guidance
• Expected to act or support as client QS for construction projects where we are not main contractor. This will involve monthly bank valuations and management of variations
• Experience of JCT and NEC 3 contracts
• Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite including Project
• Experience and knowledge of the bank monitoring process
• Self-motivated and able to work without constant supervision
• Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
• Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
• Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
• Possess strong communication skills and consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
• Hold a full clean driving licence as this role will involve regular travel
This is a great opportunity to break away from the big corporate contractors or developer and join a team that is growing and will give you the opportunity to grow with them. Now is the perfect time to join them with uncertainty in some companies, our client is making the most of their cash and buying a large number of sites that need to be built on.
The salary is dependant on experience but is between £45,000 - £60,000