£40,000 - £50,000/annum
For over 10 years our client has been at the forefront of innovation, technology and engineering in the UK. They are now searching for a Chartered Project Manager who has extensive experience of infrastructure projects across the UK. Working with clients such as London Underground, SKANSKA, AMEY, Thames Tideway and more they are working on new ways to improve their business' and want a construction expert to join them.
They provide integrated manufacturing system solutions for customers large and small, across sectors as diverse as automotive, aerospace, rail, informatics, food & drink, construction/civil engineering, electronics, oil & gas and defence.
Project Manager requirements:
- Experience of project management processes & reporting techniques across both small and large value projects and contracts
- Extremely strong commercial acumen
- Knowledge of government funded grants desirable
- Must be an experienced MS Project and Excel user
Ideally had previous experience using Microsoft AX Dynamics and Microsoft Project Server
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the successful delivery of a number of projects working across the companies Construction sector. Ensure customer needs are clearly captured, understood, and effectively built into project proposals. Liaise with resource owners / team leaders to ensure effective use of resources in delivering project quality, cost & delivery within project scope. Contribute to continuous improvement activities relates to PM tools and processes.
- Ensure projects are launched correctly with clear goals, resourcing plans in place and realistic cost models
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and to contracted cost
- Manage all financial aspects of the programme with a particular focus on cash flow.
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure a high quality of delivery
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects.
- Ensure senior management are briefed on any mission critical issues and remedial plans are fully agreed
- Ensure Microsoft Project Server is kept fully up to date, with plans being properly base-lined and milestones/invoice points set to reflect customer deliverables.
- Identify resource requirements and negotiate availability with resource owners / team leaders
- Manage change within the projects. Ensure all changes are documented and agreed with stakeholders.
- Any other duties that may from time to time be requested and controls in place
- Validation of all project-based reporting for clear/ consistent/accurate data and establish a clear understanding across the business
- Responsible For Cost To Complete Surplus Deficit For Specified Work Packages (Under ±£1,000)
- Responsible For Collation & Dissemination Of 4 Box Reports For Specified Work Packages
- Responsible For Collation Of Data For Executive Review Packs
- Liaise With Technology/Line Managers To Ensure Effective Use Of Resources For Specified Work Packages
- Responsible For Achievement Of Deliverables For Specified Work Packages (0 Late Days)
- Responsible For Risk & Lessons Learned For Project Coordinator Allocated Work Packages
- Reporting Directly To The Programme Manager As Per The Latest Organisation Chart & Resource Sheet
- Specific Work Packages Assigned As Per Latest Organisation Chart
- Responsible For Line Management As Per Latest Organisation Chart
- Spend Profile Review For Assigned Work Packages (Planned v Actual & Cumulative Spend) (Under ±2%)