A privately-owned Developer located in East London are focusing on developing quality residential homes with a Local Government Association to build one- and two-bedroom apartments. They are seeking an experienced Project Manager from a Construction or Property background. This Developer has now completed four out of seven schemes in East London and have acquired more residential sites. They also have a healthy pipeline of mixed tenure developments across East London which will bring much needed new accommodation to help relieve the housing pressure within our borough. These are quality and well-built homes, providing a good standard of finish with a modern interior.
The Project Manager main duties will be to support the Construction Director in the delivery of the construction portfolio of properties. You will also need to manage the construction activities on all development projects from feasibility, to practical completion to handover and maintenance. The developer is looking for someone with a strong academic background with a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction. They need to be goal-focused, positive and resilient with the determination.
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB or a recognised project management qualification.
- Proven experience in planning, coordinating, and providing leadership in the execution of residential and mixed used construction projects.
- Understanding of construction contracts and EU procurement.
- Proven experience negotiating contract prices, valuations and determining final sums owed.
- Proven experience in developing and managing budgets within established parameters.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of engineering.
- Knowledge of M&E systems would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of design-build project delivery methodology.
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple operations effectively.
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of contractors.
Our client is offering someone the opportunity to develop their career in a small development team where you will be working closely with the Construction Director and the rest of the development team. The soft skills required to deliver schemes alongside public sector clients is important and required to ensure the smooth running of all their schemes.
The salary is up to £65,000 plus generous package, additional holiday and more.