£36,000-38,000 plus benefits
Boden Resource are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to work for a prestigious Facilities Management service provider on a globally recognised manufacturing client site based in Reading. Your role will be to carry out all mechanical and electrical maintenance and reactive work on site, including small and large project works.
- Carrying out the service testing, fault diagnosis, repair and testing of all Electrical & Mechanical plant equipment on site, including but not limited to: -
- Air Conditioners/Ventilation systems
- Mechanical installations
- Heating Systems
- Mechanical Installations
- Water systems
- General mechanical installations
- Electrical installations (LV)
- Catering equipment
- Carrying out M&E maintenance and repairs in line with regulations and client requirements
- Developing good working relationships with client staff at all levels.
- Working closely alongside the General Manager on site and deputising for them in the event of absence.
- Using IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems.
- Ensuring data is provided for input to contractual monitoring (KPI’s).
- Carry out new and small works in accordance with legislation, ACOP’s and Best Industry practice.
- Keeping in regular contact with customer staff and management team.
- Evaluating supplier quotations and submit quotations to the client.
- Managing POs and tracking them all to closure / maintaining the quote and PO data base
- Ordering materials and instructing suppliers.
- Day to day supervision of maintenance assistants, checking and evaluating any work carried out.
- Updating and maintaining all maintenance records
- Responsiblity for water testing / temperatures, tank inspections, calorifier blow done and inspection.
- Water monitoring and carrying out any remedial actions
What you’ll need to succeed:
- IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely
- Minimum of City & Guilds Craft Qualification Certificate (electrical / mechanical) and demonstrable experience in a trade discipline
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, Health and Safety and general legislative requirements
- Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record of building services management and building asset (plant and equipment) operations in a complex building services environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to staff at all levels within the company
- Previous management experience within a service environment and directly managing a team of subcontracted staff.
- Water L8 compliance
- Numerate and Literate with developed communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
- Management of CMMS systems
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Authorised Person (Trade Discipline Specific)
- Experience working with BMS
- Electrical bias