Project Director / Construction Director opportunity with a leading Property and Construction Consultancy based in London.
A construction consultancy are looking to add to their senior team and add a Project Director to help deliver a £500m + regeneration scheme in Central London, which comprises of high rise residential and commercial buildings, retail and office space, along with a new tube box for a tube line and so experience working with TFL or LUL and Network Rail would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate would have over 10 years of Director level experience, have managed teams of 5 or more Project Managers and lead on similar large scale projects in Central London to enable you have an indepth understanding of working with tight work spaces, above and near by tube and train stations, as well as other party wall issues.
If you have experience of working for a main contractor and want to move to a professional consultancy at a senior level, this could be the rare opportunity you have been waiting for. A strong technical background and infrastructure experience is required to deliver the scheme on time and budget.
Project Director responsibilities:
- Appraisals and budget control
- Management of design and planning process
- Contractor tender or negotiation
- Management of construction delivery stage to completion
- Provide strategic input into the design and construction methodology of the projects.
- Provide strategic input and manage the procurement and appointment of other specialist external consultants.
- Agent to deliver all projects in line with the Employer’s Requirements, specifications, programme, cost, quality and Health and Safety requirements.
- Attend regular site meetings as the client representative and give direction to those meetings to ensure all parties are complying with the terms of their appointment.
- Ensure full awareness of site budgets and monthly valuations and interrogate when required.
- Establish and implement a high-performing project management regime for all schemes.
- Manage the successful handover of all projects from Practical Completion
- Management, development and support of direct reports, ensuring effective performance and clear co-ordination between them.
- Recruiting staff as required and providing induction and other training for the personal development of members of staff.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance-manage direct reports to ensure that they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
- Build and develop internal, partner and supplier relationships.
- Influence and contribute to delivering the objectives set out in the business plan.
If you are interested in taking on a new challenge and working for a well respected consultancy in the heart of London with a very healthy pipeline of work then please contact me for more details.
Salary: £130,000 plus bonus.