An independent construction consultancy are seeking a Project Director to join their London office and help lead their major projects team. They have a number of well known clients, who are building large scale residential, mixed use, retail schemes across London and the south east, and they require an experience Project Management professional to drive the delivery of these schemes and future projects.
The Project Director would be the lead on some very well known and respected developments, such as a large, live retail led scheme and asset management company, another is for a large Indian developer who are building a number of high rise residential developments.
Project Director responsibilities:
- Appraisals and budget control
- Management of design and planning process
- Contractor tender or negotiation
- Construction legal agreements
- Management of construction delivery stage to completion
- Provide strategic input into the design and construction methodology of the projects.
- Provide strategic input with the compilation of the Employer’s Requirements, Design Guide/s, specifications and contract documentation for tendering purposes.
- Provide strategic input and manage the procurement and appointment of all external consultants.
- Agent to deliver all projects in line with the Employer’s Requirements, specifications, programme, cost, quality and Health and Safety requirements.
- Attend regular site meetings as the client representative and give direction to those meetings to ensure all parties are complying with the terms of their appointment.
- Ensure full awareness of site budgets and monthly valuations and interrogate when required.
- Establish and implement a high-performing project management regime for all schemes.
- Manage the successful handover of all projects from Practical Completion
- Management, development and support of direct reports, ensuring effective performance and clear co-ordination between them.
- Recruiting staff as required and providing induction and other training for the personal development of members of staff.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance-manage direct reports to ensure that they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
- Procure and prepare consultant reports as required for Board and Shareholder meetings.
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required and within the framework of the Project Delivery Approach.
- Build and develop internal, partner and supplier relationships.
- Influence and contribute to delivering the objectives set out in the business plan.
If you are interested in taking on a new challenge and working for a well respected consultancy in the heart of London with a very healthy pipeline of work then please contact me for more details.
Salary: £120,000 plus bonus and share options in the future.