Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Glemsford - Suffolk
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
£30,000 pro rata
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to work across 2 sites that are within walking distance.
The role is working on a prestigious Facilities Management contract in Glemsford.
- Working as part of a team, completing the period by period PPM schedule
- Where required the timely & efficient resolution to reactive tasks
- The delivery of additional quoted works when required
- The upkeep of relevant certification & documentation as required by the contract
- Completing all works safely & to present edition of BS7671 and all other relevant regulations
- Work closely with the wider team, pro-actively reporting on issues, progress and developments
- Complying to all relevant H&S guidelines and regulations at all times
- Attend training sessions as required
- Maintain Health, Safety and Environmental standards
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping and safety
- To maintain cGMP standards in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Maintain good client and colleague relationships
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff.
- Action customer complaints by escalating to your line manager where necessary.
- Comply with any reasonable instruction from your line manager within the agreed deadline.
- Comply with all Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- To organise and manage ad hoc activities promptly and efficiently.
- Share process improvements with other colleagues as opportunities arise
- 17th edition (apprenticeship) qualified
- City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent in Electrical Installations as a minimum
- CSCS ECS card
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Test and Inspection 2394/2395 (2391) preferred
- Compex (not essential, but would be advantageous)
Experience – essential
- Electrical experience
- Understanding of permit systems
- Good understanding of the electricity at work regulations
- Able to read electrical drawings, panel drawings, wiring diagrams
- Industrial M&E knowledge
- Planning, Organising & Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Experience – desirable
- Ability to learn new systems
- Professional/confident manner
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Risk Management – is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high standard of work.
- Self-motivation and development– is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
For more information on this role please contact Millie Platts on 0794432452