An independent Quantity Surveying consultancy are looking for an MRICS Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their head office in Central Birmingham. With offices across the UK and Ireland they are pushing forward with their growth and searching for the best Surveyors in the market.
The Quantity Surveyor would be responsible for completing the basic role of a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and ensuring that best practice is adhered to, the junior members of the team are working in a professional and productive manner and that the company is put first to deliver the best possible outcome for their clients. The Quantity Surveyor would have the opportunity to work across various sectors, including Data Centres, Rail, Infrastructure, Aviation and more.
The company offer various services to their clients, Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Cost Planning, Dispute Resolution and more.
Managing Quantity Surveyor:
- To comply with the RICS global ethical standards and rules of conduct
- Act as counsellor and mentor to all of your team through their professional training including the RICS APC and any other qualifications and training requirements
- To complete work in a timely manner and to the standards required by the client brief
- To manage and develop your team with regular remote contact (telephone and email) and one to one or team meetings
- Conduct yearly appraisals for all your team members, providing feedback to the Business team
- To provide commercial services and advice as required wholly in accordance with the provisions of the RICS black book
- To carry out duties with due skill and care
- To complete the required amount of CPD / professional training each year as advised by RICS,
- To work in a safe manner and promote good health and safety practice
- To understand sustainable methods of working and assist in managing the environmental impact of work
If you are interested in joining a forward thinking company and want the opportunity to drive their growth, then please get in touch. We are looking to speak to commercially minded, client facing Quantity Surveyors who want to make a big step in their career and become part of a company who develop how Quantity Surveyors are seen in the market.
Competitive salary and package