Lead M&E Technician - Dublin - €50,000-55,000
We are recruiting for a Lead M&E Technician to work for an FM services provider based in Dublin. This role will be managing and looking after the day to day running of all M&E equipment across the contract, including water, HVAC, gas, HV/LV power, building management and lighting systems.
Reporting into the Technical Facilities Coordinator, the Lead Technician will be responsible for line managing a team of over 10 M&E technicians – including performance management, personal development, motivation and training.
- Managing the onsite team of M&E technicians, including overseeing the delivery of all planned and reactive M&E maintenance in line with the contract requirements.
- Identifying and allocating self-perform maintenance tasks to the team using the CMMS system.
- Managing third-party maintenance contracts via the CMMS system, including carrying out regular contract reviews.
- Carrying out spot checks and quality assurance on any works carried out to ensure they are done in line with contractual standards.
- Allocating work orders via the online ticketing system to make sure tickets are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Managing the M&E maintenance budget, including forecasting and identifying cost saving measures. Costing and putting together proposals for improvement measures within the M&E team.
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements and issuing permits to work via the online permitting system.
- Overseeing on-site minor works projects and assisting the project team where required on larger scale projects e.g. refurbishments, fit outs and new builds.
- Running regular M&E team meetings and attending client meetings as and when required.
- While the position will be based on a 40-hour week during normal working hours, it may require some elements of the work to be performed outside of normal working hours where required.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum FETAC Level 6, QQI, City and Guilds or equivalent trade qualification
- Experience managing a team of M&E technicians an advantage
- A demonstrated background in M&E installations or maintenance
- Strong IT skills, with the ability to create and use spreadsheets, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc.
- Professional image and demeanour, able to liaise with clients and staff at all levels
- Working knowledge of building fabric systems
- Experience using Maximo or similar CMMS systems would be an advantage
If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.