National across Ireland
€50,000 plus company car, phone & benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environment manager to join a leading FM service provider, managing a portfolio of public sector sites across Ireland.
- Implementing & embedding all Health & Safety Policy and Procedures across company sites, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and best practice
- Promoting and developing a Safety Culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the Sodexo operational delivery
- Supporting site managers and operations teams, identifying and resolving any on-site HSE issues
- Advising on health & safety issues across all service lines – cleaning; catering; technical services; front of house etc.
- Ensuring all accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner, assisting in investigations as required
- Implementing and supporting new initiatives in collaboration with the divisional Health & Safety team
- Develop relevant training plans to the ensure employees are competent to deliver services from a health & safety perspective
- Conducting site audits, identifying areas of improvements and helping to manage site action plans
- Assist with due diligence activities on new sites as requested.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent)
- Prior experience in a Senior Health & Safety role
- Experience delivering HSE management across public sector or educational sites would be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
- Excellent communication skills and able to establish strong working relationships
- Full driving licence and flexible to travel nationally