A leading FM provider is looking for a Healthcare Cleaning Manager to manage the delivery of cleaning services across a key healthcare site in the Macclesfield area. The role is 5/7 working predominantly Monday-Friday, however all applicants must be flexible to work varying shifts and occasional weekends.
- Managing a team of circa 100 cleaning staff across a large healthcare site, ensuring all services are delivered in accordance with Trust guidelines and SLAs.
- Completing all relevant documentation and maintaining accurate records for company systems including: sickness procedures, quality monitoring, food hygiene, training and staff performance monitoring.
- Creating, maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships with all major stakeholders (colleagues, patients, visitors & Trust Staff) in line with best practice, in order to ensure satisfaction with our service & to demonstrate commitment to our long-term presence within the Trust.
- Preparing financial plans, budgets and forecasts for the cleaning service, while managing and evaluating targets.
- Monitoring and controlling costs associated with the department’s service provision in line with the approved budget and contract specification - operative costs, sickness costs, consumables costs etc.
- Recruiting new staff into the team and ensuring inductions and training are completed in full.
- Ensuring all staff are using equipment correctly and safely, in compliance with training and PPE requirements.
- Producing service specific operational policies, health & safety information and risk assessments.
- Dealing with any incidents or complaints speedily and effectively within Company and Trust procedures.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Management Degree or Higher Level Diploma and skill based qualifications
- Experience managing a service contract, particularly cleaning, across a healthcare environment
- Sound knowledge of equipment and Health and Safety
- Previous experience in labour management
- Previous experience in financial accounting
- Experience of working with Trade Unions
- Proven ability to manage, lead, and motivate a team of people
- Good communication skills with the ability to interface with people at all levels
- Ability to react quickly to difficult situations
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Able to use own initiative and capable of independent action