Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
€50,000 plus car and benefits
Boden Resource are working with a leading Facilities Service Provider, who are looking to take on a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to manage a portfolio of client sites around the Leinster and Munster areas. Based primarily out of central Dublin, you will ensure the effective implementation of HSE policies across a number of public sector sites. You will need to have experience in Health & Safety within the construction and facilities management sectors, and be familiar with current Irish Health & Safety Legislation.
- Implement and embed health & safety policies and procedures to ensure the organisation complies with legislative requirements and best practice.
- Support all site management teams and operational staff, identifying and resolving any issues as they arise across all sites.
- Provide competent advice in relation to health & safety issues across all service lines such as cleaning, catering, technical services, front of house etc.
- Support site teams in developing Business continuity plans and carry out regular reviews.
- Assist with the implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental systems during mobilisation and stabilisation of new service lines.
- Ensure all accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner, assisting in investigations as required.
- Implement, monitor and review health and safety policy and action plans to ensure compliance with best practice and legislative requirements.
- Carry out regular audits to ensure contractual and legislative compliance.
- Develop relevant training plans to ensure employees are competent to deliver services from a health & safety perspective
What you’ll need to succeed:
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 5 or equivalent)
- Proven experience in a similar role within Health and Safety
- Experience of implementing safety and quality systems (OHSAS 18001; ISO 9001; ISO 14001)
- Experience in similar areas of health & safety (cleaning/catering/technical services)
- Familiar with PSCS/PSDP processes
- Good knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Highly organised, able to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.