Health & Safety Lead
€45,000 – 50,000
Boden Resource are working with a global FM services provider to add a Health & Safety Lead to their client site, a pharmaceutical manufacturer based in Cork. Reporting in to the Contracts Manager, this role will involve managing Health, Safety & Environment across all FM services on the site and maintaining compliance.
- Acting as the point of contact for all Health & Safety across Facilities services across the site
- Monitoring and advising the team on Occupational Health and Safety issues
- Ensure systems are embedded to support all ISO certification requirement
- Undertake regular health and safety inspections and audits of programme units (with their safety representatives as necessary) and report findings
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing health and safety policies when needed, ensuring the contract complies with best practice and legislative requirements
- Ensure that accidents and near misses are reported and investigated to legislative prescribed standards
- Manage the arrangements for all incident, accident and statutory inspections and enquiries
- Produce monthly health & safety updates, including accident statistics
- Monitor whether suitable protective clothing and equipment is available and used appropriately
- Maintain relevant health and safety records
- Lead on the development of strategic risk registers and business continuity plans
- Provide and interpret appropriate, timely and useful management information to line management
- Disseminate health and safety information and reports for the site
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Track record of success in a similar role in a multi-site business (a background in pharmaceutical/FMCG environments is desirable)
- Experience in a Senior Occupational Health & Safety role with knowledge of Health, Safety & Food Hygiene legislation
- Experience delivering facilities management and ‘hard services’ key compliance areas.
- Strong communication and client relationship management skills.
- IOSH Qualification as a minimum
If this position matches your experience and skills, please apply via this advert. If you're looking for a new role but this isn't quite right, get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.