Health & Safety Advisor
£30000 to £32000
We are currently looking for an H&S Advisor for a global FM provider that is looking for an exciting new challenge.
- To actively promote the importance and value of effective communication throughout the FM provider of Health & Safety and other risk management standards, achieving compliance against targets and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- To advise managers and staff of their responsibilities under current health and safety legislation and to provide advice on good/best practices
- To maintain and implement the Company Health and Safety policy, management guides and procedures
- To review accident and incident reports, assist in investigations and liaise with the enforcement authority as required and maintaining the appropriate records
- To disseminate information and literature for the business on all health, safety and welfare matters as instructed
- To consult with the FCO contract H&S Manager in developing, conducting and organising training sessions on all aspects of occupational health and safety as required
- To undertake safety audits and inspections, present reports and make recommendations as necessary
- To develop and maintain good working relationships and, where necessary, joint working processes with Client and sub-contractors and to provide reports as required
- To provide effective support and guidance to management in relevant business continuity and crisis management planning, together with a program of testing
- To undertake any other related H&S tasks at the request of the FCO contract Health & Safety Manager.
- To co-ordinate, maintain and support delivery of the integrated management systems in line with ISO requirements and the sites ISO accreditations
- Able to adapt to fluctuating workloads
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills – must enjoy dealing with people and be a team player
- Able to demonstrate a customer-focused approach
- Able to work on own initiative with an enthusiastic and flexible approach
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent NVQ4/5 – Degree Level
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH
- A good understanding of implementing ISO management systems
- Valid CPD programme
- Must be PC literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this position please do so via this advert or for a confidential discussion call Josh at Boden Resource on 0121 702 1464.