Boden Resource are currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Logistics to join a leading Facilities Management provider, working across one of their healthcare contracts in Derbyshire.
You will be responsible for the planning, management, development and financial control of the Portering service to ensure the service they provide meets all contractual obligations and business objectives.
- Providing direction, guidance and support to all staff within the department to ensure they carry out their roles efficiently and effectively and comply with relevant operating standards to achieve the department’s service provision objectives.
- Maintaining positive employee and client-side relations through application of communication, training and managerial practises.
- Ensuring staff are managed consistently and in accordance with policy in relation to recruitment, training, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Participating in the preparation of business plans, implementation of Company led initiatives, budgets and forecasts and service improvement proposals.
- Managing and evaluating objectives and targets for the service as outlined in the business plan.
- Ensuring correct resource levels are maintained to meet service provision objectives and additional short-term or emergency resource requirements are within approved budget and contract specification.
- Monitoring and controlling costs associated with the department’s service provision in line with the approved budget and contract specification.
- Ensuring the quality and performance of the service provided by the department is monitored, reported as required and corrective action taken where necessary.
- Reviewing audit information completed by external and internal regulatory bodies, corporate departments or the Trust and initiate appropriate actions where necessary.
- Maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment in line with current legislation and procedures and ensure that all staff are trained and comply accordingly.
- Producing service specific operational policies, health & safety information and risk assessments.
- Managing any incidents or complaints effectively and within company guidelines.
- To be an active member of the senior management team and participate in the continuous development/improvement of the overall service provision.
- Conducting the Company’s appraisal process for subordinates, identifying their development and training needs and facilitating solutions to address them.
A global FM provider with a strong presence in both private and public sectors across the UK. Our client manages a range of high profile contracts through out a variety of industries.
- A strong leader with a demonstrable background in soft service management, particularly healthcare.
- Prior management experience of a large team
- Qualified in management (level 3 or diploma as a minimum)
- Resilient and a dynamic thinker
- Experience in a similar client-facing role dealing with key stakeholders
- Health and safety qualifications e.g. IOSH
- Any previous operational experience would be a strong benefit
- Experience working to a penalty management system in previous positions is desirable