General Services Manager – Soft Services
Ireland – Limerick
Interim Opportunity – Potential for Permeant Position
€ 55,000 + Bonus Scheme – Perm
€ Day Rate Competitive – Interim
Boden Resource have an opportunity for a successful General Service Manager with a Soft Service background for a Large FM service Provider.
The General Service Manager will have extensive experience within either the Pharmaceutical or Food industry.
- To be responsible for an operating area and Leading a management team to ensure delivering against Key Performance Indicators
- Act as the primary representative of effectively manage staff to ensure the delivery of both qualitative and quantitative results
- Provide direction and expertise to the operation & delivery of soft services, to include, cleaning, security & food services
- Motivate and Lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives
- Responsible for a €2 Million Budget
- Complete the Unit budgets and forecasts.
- Protect the company’s profit by delivering your budget each month.
- Generate the billing and maintain high quality records.
- Ensure cash, stock, debt and assets are properly controlled
- Select, recruit and induct the right team.
- Develop your people and ensure succession planning.
- Measure the performance of your people by giving feedback and reviewing and completing appraisals.
- Communicate regularly – monthly face to face team briefing/meetings.
- Ensure the delivery to the service standards agreed in the contract with your client (cleaning, security, food).
- Attend monthly formal review with the client and Quarterly Reviews.
- Be proactive in overcoming barriers to success.
- Provide feedback on how we can improve our performance.
- P&L reports
- Labour productivity management
- Client satisfaction
- Business Plan actions
- People Management
- Internal compliance standards
- Health & Safety Compliance Comply with statutory regulations relating to Safe Systems of Work, Health & Safety
- Ensuring Contractual KPI and SLA /MSA Compliance.
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- To be agreed with appraisal performance KPI’s to be monitored as part of performance review and appraisal process.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance with policies, systems and procedures in place for-
- Standard Operating Practices
- Risk assessments
- Safe systems of work
- Control of contractors
- Site induction programme
- Tool box talks
- Permit to work systems
- Ensure adequate control and monitoring is applied to all finance activities undertaken.
- Contribute to the overall management of the business, develop good relationships with all persons/parties associated undertakings either externally or internally.
- Comply with the procedures as laid down within the HR Manual or as advised by the management team and Human Resources Manager.
- Manage a team to increase the Client and revenue opportunities i.e., cash sales, labour efficiency and generate the GOP expected at each account across the portfolio of business
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for long term partnerships
- Proven track record managing large P&L – ability to budget forecast & understand contracts
- Experience in Managing & Operating in the Soft service industry, managing food, cleaning, security services
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent client relationship management
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and associated programmes
- Must hold a clean driving license
- Relationship Management
- Strong Leadership
- Strong negotiation skills
- People skills & knowledge of HR policies and principles
- Planning and Organization
- Results Orientation
- Financial and Business awareness
- Analysis and decision making
- Continuous improvement
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments & Contract development models
- H&S Qualification – IOSH
To apply for this opportunity, please do so via this advert. Alternatively, to find out more, please call Millie Platts on 0121 702 1464