Estimator - Stratford, London
I am currently working with a leading Facilities Management Service Provider who are looking for an experienced Estimator to be responsible for pricing and bidding works as part of their Commercial team. The candidate will need to be able to assemble and present bids for settlement by the leadership team. This will mean that the candidate will need to lead their defined bids and steer the other stakeholders to ensure a competitive, innovative bid capable of delivering the requisite overhead and profit.
They will be expected to manage the bid and settlement process for those whom they have both direct and indirect responsibility.
- To be able to price bids from first principles- including but not limited to: Project and Capital works- these will generally be worth between £0.2m and £3.0m. Works could involve refurbishment and new build however on occasions Response maintenance, Voids and Planned works may also be an option.
- Pricing methodology will include Specification and Drawings, Schedule of Quantities, SOR adjustments, etc.
- The candidate will be familiar with subcontractor package pricing together with pricing of direct labour.
- Conducting site visits to gain a full understanding of the risks and opportunities to assist in the pricing the bid and articulating the methodology during settlements
- Meeting supply chain to obtain the best pricing and value bids
- Qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar function
- Previous experience of Planned Maintenance contracts, Capital Construction Projects or similar
- Strong commercial awareness and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
If this role is of interest to you, please apply through this advert and you will be contacted in due course.
estimator / pricing / quantity surveyor / commercial / finance /