Our client is offering a Project Manager the opportunity to join a client side developer and help lead large scale residential, regeneration and new build properties in East London. The Project Manager shall be responsible for delivering a number of private and public sector schemes in the capital. Our client has a reputation for building quality affordable homes to help with the much needed housing crisis and due to the unique way that they are funded, they are safe from recession and the uncertainty of Brexit.
Project Manager requirements:
- Provide strategic input with value engineering, design and construction methodology of the projects.
- Lead external consultants to manage the contractor tendering, tender review and appointment process.
- Provide strategic input with contract documentation for tendering purposes.
- Leading external consultant teams and the Employers Agent to deliver all projects in line with the Employer’s Requirements, specifications, programme, cost, quality and Health and Safety requirements.
- Manage and provide remedy to any contractor and/or construction related matters.
- Ensure full awareness of site budgets and monthly valuations and interrogate when required.
- Attend regular site meetings as the client representative and give direction to those meetings to ensure all parties are complying with the terms of their appointment.
- Proactively manage and promote a culture of effective risk and budget management on all schemes.
- Develop, implement and manage a quality audit program, ensuring that builds conform to plans and specifications and are of a high quality.
- Formulate the planned maintenance schedules for the operation of buildings in ownership.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance-manage direct reports.
- Procure and prepare consultant reports as required for Board and Shareholder meetings.
- Influence and contribute to delivering the objectives set out in the business plan.
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required and within the framework of the Project Delivery Approach
- Any other duty commensurate with the seniority of the role.
The preferred candidate would be chartered from a recognised governing body, such as MRICS or MCIOB and have proven deliverable project experience. Have a strong understanding of EU construction procurements and contracts, such as Design & Build and be confident managing the on-site construction of residential properties, high and low rise.
Salary: up to £60,000 plus great benefits.