We are working with a Birmingham based Build to Rent and Build to Sell residential developer who have a strong hold on the Midlands market. They have quickly risen to be one of the Midlands leading developers they have had natural growth over the last 5 years but now due to a number of large investments, they are developing larger residential, mixed use schemes across the West Midlands.
Our client develops a mixture of family homes, low rise and high rise schemes, up to 50 storeys. They own and manage over £1bn worth of assets and have had huge investment from local investors, the US and China. They own the development from the acquisition, planning, development and have their own sales and lettings teams, which ensures they control the process the whole way through and maximise the return on investment.
Development Manager role and requirements:
The Development Managers role is to manage and control all aspects of the property development process from project inception post acquisition, through planning up to completion, driving programme and profitability.
- Appraisals and budget control
- Assisting the land team with acquisitions
- Appointment of consultants and main contractors
- Procurement of reports and surveys for planning
- Management of design and planning process
- Contractor tender or negotiation
- Construction legal agreements
- Management of construction delivery stage to completion and work with the sales and lettings teams on completion dates.
- a min 2.1 degree in a property or surveying subject
- a track record of successful project / development management that demonstrates a thorough understanding of the complete development process
- excellent inter personnel skills with an ability to lead and motivate the project team
- a flexible approach that adapts to the varied types of project and process required
If you have three plus years experience and want to work in a fun, complimentary environment where your opinion is valued and you can learn everyday, then please apply for this role.
The salary is based upon experience and there is a very healthy package and opportunity to earn a large financial reward.
Base salary up to £60,000