Data Centre Manager
€70,000 – 80,000 plus benefits
Are you a Data Centre expert looking for a new challenge? Experienced in running facilities services in a critical environment? Interested in developing an existing account and winning new business?
We have an opportunity for a Critical Environment Manager to manage an existing Data Centre account for an FM Service Provider, while also identifying opportunities to win new business and grow the service portfolio.
You’ll need to be an established manager with a strong background in technical services – ideally with an electrical bias. Previous experience in business development and winning new business would be highly beneficial.
- Overseeing all building systems and critical facilities equipment including fire/life safety, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Supporting a 24/7/365 data centre operation, ensuring 100% uptime and 100% compliance with client SLA’s.
- Planning, implementing, co-ordinating and supervising all M&E operations, maintenance and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will manage, develop and motivate a team and be responsible for recruiting new staff as the portfolio grows.
- Developing relationships with new and existing clients, implementing a culture of service excellence.
- Spotting new opportunities for growth and increasing the scope of services within existing accounts.
- Identifying potential clients, establishing rapport and developing quotes and proposals.
- Full control of operating and capital expenditure, including budget planning and forecasting.
- Identifying and implementing cost saving and efficiency improvements.
- Managing all aspects of Data Centre governance.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Significant knowledge of critical building infrastructure (e.g. UPS, Generators, BMS, HV/LV systems and switching, cooling systems, etc.)
- Formal technical training (electrical bias preferred)
- Experience managing a team within a data centre or critical environment
- Strong financial acumen, with experience managing a P&L of €1m + and introducing cost savings
- Business development knowledge, with a track record of winning new business or growing existing contracts
- Ability to deal with client problems and manage expectations in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication, able to build rapport and translate complex concepts at all levels.
If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within Facilities Management in Ireland, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.