Data Centre Engineering Manager
£55000 to £57000
We are looking to recruit a dynamitic technical engineering manager with a vast data centre experience working with a global FM provider.
This key position and challenging role of the Data Centre Engineering Manager reports directly to the Account Manager, deputising in his absence, you will be key to the technical operation of the building and its infrastructure.
As the post holder, you will be expected to have a detailed understanding of the installed building services systems, contingency procedures and be proactive in passing on this knowledge to other members of the Site Personnel. The Data Centre Engineering Manager will also be expected to become familiar with aspects of the administrative and engineering operations within the Clients contract.
In general, your role will be to ensure the efficient operation of the critical and noncritical engineering services, PC based systems and the associated plant. Achieving 100% availability.
Working closely with the Engineering team the Data Centre Engineering Manager role will be to act as a Technical coordination point for the day-to-day maintenance activities, including the Specialist Subcontractors, Suppliers and other support teams. One of the key activities involves the role of authorised person for 11kV Electrical Systems.
A Global Facilities Management provider
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- HV Authorised Person
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- 17th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation
- C&G 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous site experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to client approval.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this advert or for a confidential discussion call Josh on 0121 702 1464.
Contract Manager / Hard FM / Hard Services / PPM / Planned / Reactive / FM / Facilities / London / Mechanical / Electrical / M&E / Contract Manager / Service Provider