Our client is searching for a Senior Cost Consultant / Commercial Manager to join them in their West End office. Our client works with developers and investors and offers Project Management, Development Management and Cost Consultancy on Real Estate schemes across the UK.
They operate on behalf of owners and investors in the acquisition, planning and delivery of commercial, residential, hotel and mixed-use assets. They have recently completed a Build to Rent scheme and this, along with Student Accommodation is an area that they wish to develop. They also team up with some of their clients in a JV and work to ensure the greatest return on interest.
Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager requirements.
- Procurement Advice
- Feasibility Studies
- Risk and Value Management
- Fund Monitoring
- Cost Management Services
- Employer’s Agent / Contract Administration Duties
The successful candidate will have a track record across the development cycle with proven experience in the delivery phase from pre-construction, contract management through to occupation.
Experience in and knowledge of development and construction programmes, cost plans and design information are essential.
Key Skills/Qualifications :
- Professional Quantity Surveyor with minimum 3 years experience and preferably MRICS qualified.
- Strong client facing skills and report writing
- Excellent grasp of procurement and contract administration.
- Proficient in cost planning and pre-contract cost planning activities.
- Ambitious and able to work under own autonomy.
- Ability to work within a small consultancy environment and be flexible to changing workloads and demands
- Proficient in contract preparation and administration.
- Proven track record in post contract cost control.
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
- Some management experience with ability to mentor and develop more junior members of staff
This is a great opportunity to work with a small commercial team in an exciting consultancy who are also a developer, which offers a very rare opportunity for the right Quantity Surveyor.
Salary is up to £60,000 plus discretionary bonus and competitive package.