£65,000 - £80,000/annum Flexible working and annual bonus
A family run, award winning house builder are seeking a Commercial Manager to join their West Midlands office. With over 20 years of development experience the company have grown significantly to become a £100m+ turn over company and they have ambitious growth plans for the next 5 years, where they aim to continue building market leading family homes across the Midlands.
The Commercial Manager must have 5 years experience in a similar role for a reputable house builder and be comfortable leading internal commercial teams. You must have the ability to lead teams fro cradle to grave and work autonomously through procurement stages and all the way through the phased builds. To fit in with the culture you must have a strong team ethic and the desire to build and develop the more junior members of the team.
Commercial Manager requirements:
- Strong technical education, Degree, HNC or similar.
- Leading the value engineering and improvement of new schemes.
- Working closely with land and technical teams during planning applications.
- Consider and implement solutions to improve the efficiency and profitability of the region.
- Approving and signing off all Appraisals, at key milestones and Project Budgets.
- Lead the procurement and payment of road and sewers and groundwork accounts.
- Managing and nurturing sub-contractor relationships and quality of service.
- Responsible for signing off Regional sub-contract orders and payments.
- Responsible for Regional Cost Vale Reconciliation valuations and reporting to the Board.
- Responsible for the Commercial input into Annual Budget Forecasts.
- Reporting on Commercial performance at the Regional Management Meeting.
- Support and promote the ethos of five star builder status, both externally and within the team.
- Managing the workload of the Commercial team, ensuring deadlines are achieved and maintaining Commercial integrity, with consistent practice and reporting.
- Accountable for team recruitment, appraisals and personal development of team members.
The Commercial Manager will be expected to lead from the front, setting an example for the rest of the Company. You will drive the Company's growth and expansion to helping to maintain our five-star builder status