We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join a high end, leading large scale residential developer based in Birmingham. Our client have over 40 years of market leading development experience and they are setting the standard for other Residential Developers in the Midlands, by demonstrating their creative design, unique style and ability to produce high rise and low rise developments.
The developer are famous for their bespoke design and their continued effort to build property ranging from studios, (phone number removed) bed apartments and one of town houses. Due to their continued development, they have ensured that they have not been affected by market uncertainty and have not had to make redundancies during recessions, which makes them the perfect employer in the current climate. They are not a boom or bust company and the group have continually performed better than the market and their competitors.
The Commercial Manager shall be responsible for various schemes at different stages of construction, both pre and post contract. With a strong internal team and the assistance of external professionals you will be part of a senior team who are responsible for the delivery of projects on time and on budget. The preferred candidate would have experience working for a residential, mixed use, new build and regeneration developer. Have experience of taking responsibility within a client side organisation and overseeing multi million pound, phased schemes. The ideal candidate would like to take responsibility for their actions and look to put the team and company first with all their decisions.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Staff management - Inputting into the formal management of an Quantity surveyors, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management.
If you would like to join a market leading company who put huge emphasis on employee satisfaction and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, want to change the skyline of Birmingham for the better and make homes that people will live in for ever then please get in touch for more details.
Very competitive salary plus bonus