Our client has received planning to deliver a residential development in Birmingham city centre and is searching for an experienced Commercial Manager with residential development experience to join them.
The Commercial Manager shall take full responsibility for the Commercial and Surveying function from land appraisal through to customers moving into their new homes, adoption of public amenities and beyond as necessary. Experience of running residential projects, high and low rise schemes with a team of Quantity Surveyors is important and an understanding of how to deliver on time and budget.
Commercial Manager requirements:
- Determination of the Cost Plan for the development in cooperation with his peers.
- 5 plus years as a Commercial Manager at a recognised house builder, developer or main contractor.
- Degree educated in a relevant degree, such as Quantity Surveying.
- Liaison with architects and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Preparation of the input to the Purchase Appraisal and coordination and preparation of the phased Commencement appraisal.
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design of the project in terms of value engineering.
- To manage the PQS appointed for the determination of the cost plan and to verify that their costs are consistent with the design and market positioning of the development
- Set up and recruit as necessary to provide surveying support.
- Management of the team to meet approved budgets.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Set up and maintain cost reporting systems on site in line with Company procedures.
If you have experience of high rise residential developments across the Midlands or are looking to move to the area, then this company have the platform to advance your career. They have over 1000 units to deliver over the next 5 years, with other sites in the pipeline.