We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Director to work for one of the market leaders in the property development industry today. The Commercial Director will be joining a well-known plc opening opportunities that are second to none and a range of projects that will challenge and stretch you. They created an environment where the Commercial Director has the confidence and freedom to operate to the best of their ability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Facilitate the commercial manager and all dept staff and other project associated colleagues including the construction team, the site delivery and post sales staff to deliver a project in its entirety from inception of any site through conception to completion of project including acquisition of all land, planning and building permissions, design, material, sub contract procurement, post sales after care.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to manage the quality and financial aspects of all projects delivering appropriate concise reports to board meetings on a diarised basis.
- Leading the strategic development and management of the commercial team.
- Taking a financial overview of all contracts for profitability and viability.
- Liaison with architects and consultants and stakeholders to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals.
- Oversee the monitoring of changes to continuously identify the status of costs.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in coaching and developing others in order to improve performance
- Encourages the contribution of others and takes their views into account
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and colleagues by adopting the most appropriate approach to deal with people and situations
- Influences others using rational arguments. Identifies basis for compromise and reaches agreement
- Conveys accurate information effectively using the most appropriate methods to reflect the needs of the audience and ensure mutual understanding
- Sets clear and challenging objectives, inspiring and encouraging high performance in teams and individuals. Reviews progress achieved, publicly and privately recognising achievement
- Performs effectively by keeping emotions under control, particularly in stressful and difficult situations
- Efficient in one’s use of time and works in a well-structured way
- Technical knowledge to degree or similar level.
- Experience in working in construction.
- Working knowledge of current building regulations and legislation NHER/ NHBC.
- Critical path programme management.
- Takes personal responsibility for resolving problems and issues.
- Commercial Market approach.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Proactive, flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
The Commercial Director will be joining a company that have several active sites across London, West Midlands and Oxfordshire with a strong land bank looking to invest more into the UK housing market in the future.
The salary is dependent on experience but is between £90,000 - £100,000 plus generous package.