At the heart of Birmingham City there is an International Building Consultancy, who have expertise within Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Planning, Environmental Consultancy and more and they are looking for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who can help grow the Birmingham office. With the opportunity to work with a number of blue chip clients across the UK, this is a great chance to develop your own career and work with some of the best people in the industry.
A multidisciplinary consultancy based in Central Birmingham are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with Residential experience to join them and help deliver a mix of one off and large residential development for their private clients. The majority of their clients are developer investors, who have passed planning and are now in the deliver phase of their schemes. With offices in Birmingham and London they have the capacity to take on work across the UK and due to their strong reputation are winning more and more interesting projects. They now need a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to come on board and manage their client expectations and account manage key accounts.
The company offer award winning Project Management, Cost Management and Management Consultancy to their blue chip clients. They cover various sectors, such as residential, commercial, retail, aviation and more, which ensures that their employees are continually developing their skill set and experience, and helps to keep them engaged in the work load.
Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Strong real estate or construction degree, preferably a MRICS accredited Quantity Surveying degree.
- Have experience of working on large, multi million pound schemes.
- Strong personable skills to bring different teams together, to collaborate and deliver the best possible results.
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes
- Take responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Inputting into value engineering.
- Lead a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
If you are motivated by working for a flexible employer who puts an emphasis of their staff and their well being, a company who have a long list of clients and and ever growing portfolio of work then please contact me for more details.
They are open to the level of candidate and will pay between £40,000 - £70,000 per annum plus package.