Building Facilities Technician
€34,000 – 38,000
We are recruiting for a Building Facilities Technician to join a leading facilities and property management company on a client site in Dublin 4. Working as part of the facilities team, you will be responsible for all helpdesk maintenance requests and reactive maintenance across the site – including general janitorial work, small works, plumbing, electrical and carpentry. You will need to have awareness of on-site security procedures and Health & Safety practices.
- Answering helpdesk requests and tickets in an efficient and professional manner.
- General site maintenance including: small works, painting, locks, handles, door closers, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, deliveries & collections.
- General Janitorial duties: replacing light bulbs and fittings, unblocking toilets, removing rubbish etc.
- Working in a safe manner, complying with site Health & Safety requirements, wearing suitable PPE when required and carrying out relevant risk assessments.
- Assisting with Internal Moves & Churns
- Assist IT-support with new hire set up of IT equipment on desks.
- Understand and comply with site Health & safety requirements at all times & work in a safe manner
- Carrying out risk assessments, building fabric audits and monthly utility meter readings.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Education: leaving certificate as a minimum. A trades background (mechanical, electrical or plumbing) would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a multi-skilled technician or handyman role – basic knowledge of electrical maintenance, carpentry and BMS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and well-presented, with experience in a client-facing environment.
- Strong IT skills, particularly using spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to be assertive and make decisions under pressure.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within Facilities Management in Ireland, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.