A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, chartered Associate Quantity Surveyor to join a dynamic practice with over 35 years of experience based in the West End of London. Our client has an embarrassment of quality clients across various asset classes, including but not limited to Residential, PRS, Co living/ working, Retail, Regeneration, Commercial, Leisure and more. They have multiple offices around the UK but their focus is on their central London office but time can be spent in their Surrey office, when required.
They are now searching for a client facing Associate Quantity Surveyor who enjoys bringing on new work, networking and developing existing relationships. Someone who likes to get out of the office, spend time with their clients and ensure that the company are giving them the best possible service.
Along with the required skill set and basic Quantity Surveying duties this consultancy are giving someone the opportunity to work in a relaxed, modern environment where you are encouraged to work in innovative, interesting ways. I would like to talk to candidates who have a strong academic background with a technical degree such as Quantity Surveying and who are chartered by a recognised body such as MRICS or MCIOB. They work with a mixture of private and public clients and will consider candidates who have worked with either, providing it has been in a professional environment.
Associate Quantity Surveyor requirements:
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, inquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountability
This is a great opportunity for a self starter who wants to develop their career and work with some very exciting clients on multi-million pound developments across the UK. With their head office in the West End it is perfect to meet with exiting and new clients, ensure that you have a good work life balance and develop your personal and professional skills.
The company offer a very competitive package and discretionary bonus. Base salary £60,000 - £75,000