Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£23,000 - £30,000/annum, annual bonus
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who is looking for the next step in their career with a 5 star, award winning house builder. The company are going through an active growth phase and are looking to add to their commercial team with an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. Based in Worcestershire they have a number of lives sites and a number under planning that are set to start in the next 2 years.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor must be able to think independently and have the self drive to achieve their high standards, while under the supervision of the Commercial Manager and Commercial Director.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised
- Assist/undertake sub-contract enquiries and procuring trades for new developments.
- Assist/undertake subcontract payment and account management
- Management of customer incentives and extras pricing and orders
- Assist/undertake compilation of site budgets and site valuations
- Assist/undertake sub-contract account reconciliation and dispute resolution
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the SQS/Commercial Manager
- Liaise with subcontractors to ensure that potential problems are averted
- Attend site meetings as required by need and/or appointment
- Ensuring that customer care and 5 Start Builder Status takes priority
- Attend pre tender, pre start and any other relevant meetings as required
This company will give you an amazing opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills whilst working in a supportive environment.
- Commercial department
- Technical department
- Finance (Sub-contract Payments & Financial Forecasts)
- Production department (Site Managers & Contracts Managers)
- Sales (Supporting sales function through day to day activity and pricing of bespoke extras)
- Customer Care (Sub contractors, suppliers support)
- House Purchasers
- Sub-contract orders
- Sub-contract payments
- Project Budgets
- Monthly Cost Value Reconciliation Valuations
What kind of person are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with the following attributes:
- Good communication skills, commercial acumen, negotiation, task and deadline management
- Ability to get involved with other disciplines such as technical, build & sales
- Obtained or working towards Construction HNC/BTEC/Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2years house building industry experience
- IT literate
How will your career develop?
We will discuss with you how you want your career to develop and will provide the support you need. You will be set objectives that will provide clarity and purpose and a development plan that provides the right level of development for you at your stage of your career. You will be joining a company that develops individuals careers, provides all the necessary support within a culture that has strong family values.