A Midlands based private, residential developer with 80 years of house building experience are seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join and help deliver large scale residential schemes in the West Midlands, based from their Worcester office. With various projects across the West Midlands they are set to smash their sales targets and help with the much needed housing shortage.
With a wide range of homes they offer a fantastic service to everyone, from first time buyers who need Help to Buy, 4 and 5 bed family homes for growing families, unique apartments for people getting their foot on the ladder and everything in between,
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor would join a small commercial team which would enable them to learn quickly and develop their skill set. Part of your daily tasks would be;
- Cost Estimates
- Land bids
- Dealing with sub contractors
- Working on budgets
- Monthly valuations
- Assist with feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Assist the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Assist with value engineering and life cycle costing
This is a great opportunity to help build houses on numerous sites simultaneously, giving you a great opportunity to develop your career. The typical site has between 400 and 600 units, phased out across the year. You would sit in senior meeting and work closely with the planning, sales and construction team to give you a well rounded understanding of the cradle to grave options of a development.
Salary is based upon experience and is between £30,000 - £40,000 plus package and benefits.