Area General Manager – Hard FM
£70 - 75k + car allowance + package + Bonus Scheme
Reading and surrounding areas
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced FM professional to join a leading Facilities Management Service Provider as the Area General Manager for Multiple Hard Services contracts. Being based in the Reading area will be highly beneficial too yourself.
As Area General Manager you will be responsible for the over all delivery of Hard services across a large headquarters. Services include Planned and reactive Mechanical and Electrical Services, Fabric maintenance and small/additional project works.
The individual needs to be able to demonstrate where they have implemented new methods and processes or come up with innovative ideas on previous contracts
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both Norland Managed services and subcontractors’ activities and are regularly review.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective teamworking, and support to colleagues.
- Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts.
- Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and can reach their full future potential.
- Leading FM Service provider
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Senior Management role
- Strong Facilities management background in Corporate office space
- Technical/Hard FM background essential, Mech or Elec quals required
- Managed FM services within a Corporate environment
- Previous experience in managing a multiple contracts and clients
- Previously held responsibility for a £multimillion P&L
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to build good open and honest relationships with key stakeholders
- Commercially and financially strong
- Demonstrate strong leadership and experience of managing managers
- Thorough understanding of building services compliance requirements
- Good technical report writing skills
- Lives in or around the Reading area, or able to commute daily to the area
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this advert or for a confidential discussion call Josh on 0121 702 1464.
Contract Manager / Hard FM / Hard Services / PPM / Planned / Reactive / FM / Facilities / Reading / Mechanical / Electrical / M&E / Contract Manager / Service Provider